Why should you contact me?
How do you know that I would be able to help you or understand your needs?
To date, all the work I have done has been for people I’ve worked with over the years or who have recommended me to third parties. The reasons clients have given for choosing me and why they are happy to recommend me have been:
- They liked my values – we built a rapport
- I listened to what they wanted
- I understood where they were coming from; I had relevant experience
- I asked for feedback from the start to the end of our working relationship
The following is a summary of my CV; more detail available on request.
Freelance Education, Careers Consultant and Coach
- University of Salford
- Birmingham City University
- Birmingham University Careers Service
- Aston University Careers Service
- Woodrush Community School
- Smith’s Wood Sports College
- Chew Valley School
- Cheadle Hulme School
- Young Achievers’ Trust
- Teach First
- Scorchsoft (IT) Ltd
- Director of Birmingham University and Warwick University Careers Services, Director of Student Development and Diversity, Warwick University.
- Senior management – 11-18 education, Head of Sixth Form.
- Director of Camp America Ltd.
Learning and Academic Development
- University of Birmingham
- Academic Practice Advisor and Visiting Lecturer - Centre for Learning and Academic Development
- Bath Spa and Newman Universities
- Visiting lecturer
- Moderator of school observations of students on Secondary PGCE course
- Teach First: coach for participants in second year; careers guidance training
- Training on Diversity issues for investment banks and law firms in the City
- Involved with Aimhigher and Action on Access programmes for 12 years.
- Teacher: 16 years including Head of English, Drama, Sixth Form and school governor.
Careers Advice and Guidance
- Training for Careers Services on delivering short guidance and enterprise.
- 10 years experience providing careers guidance for students, staff and adults across a full range of occupations at the Universities of Bristol, Birmingham and Warwick.
- Careers Advisor with responsibility for educational occupations.
- Delivered papers and ran workshops at UCAS national conferences.
- Devised the Warwick Advantage programme for skills development and personal development planning.
- Degree: BA (Hons) University of London
- MA in Education, Organisations and Professionals – Open University
- PGCE: University of Bristol
- Diploma in Careers Guidance: University of Reading
- Certificate in Counselling Skills: University of Bristol
- Member: Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services, Institute of Careers Guidance
ICG – Institute of Career Guidance
AGCAS – Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services
Back to top